Wednesday 23 March 2011

Inspired Idea 2: Mug Wall

I love Cath Kidston, I love the colourful, girly, floral and child-like prints, and although a lot of her stuff isn't cheap these days I have built up a collection of her mugs.

Source




With limited storage space and their attractive nature I decided that I didn't want to put them away. One option was to get a mug tree, but I'm not a huge fan,..and that would take up surface space. A few days later as I was shopping in town, and popped into one of my favourite little shops: Number Twenty Three (www.numbertwentythree.co.uk) I found some gorgeous little butterfly hooks. Although they were white...the same colour as my walls I decided they would be perfect mug hooks...and they would not take too much away from the mugs themselves.



I then found some feather butterflies online, I put some hard wall hooks into the wall and then glued the butterflies onto these using my glue gun. This ultimately created a real feature wall, creating a artistic effect and utilising wall space as opposed to cluttering up cupboard or worktop space.

Be creative...

...Happy hanging!

No comments:

Post a Comment